Are you a people person? Are you at your happiest when looking after others? If you’re a caring person, and you really want to make a difference to someone’s life, then becoming a Care Worker could be the perfect career move for you.
The main role of a Care Worker is to provide support to a person in need of care, improving their lives by attending to their specific needs, and assisting them with their daily tasks.
Care Workers may find themselves working with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities or learning difficulties. However, key duties will usually include:
- Working with clients, their families and other professionals to identify their particular needs, and develop a care plan
- Providing personal care to clients depending on these needs (assisting them with washing/feeding/dressing etc.)
- Aiding a client with other every day or physical tasks, such as shopping, cooking or studying
- Providing emotional support to clients and their families
- Keeping the client comfortable and at ease at all times
If you would like to know more about working with Care in Stoke, call now and speak to our care manager, we would love to hear from you.